Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I capped my eyeball... did you?

Eyeball Munzees are a little creepy
Yup.  I capped my eyeball, and it didn't hurt a bit.  I woke up this morning to a Facebook post about the arrival of the Halloween Eyeball Munzees (here's the blog post).  These holiday munzees are only around for a day or so, and so adding these to my icon collection required speed and planning.  A first glance at the map showed they were currently four in the San Diego area (there are only about a total of 50,000 around the world).  Fortunately, one was on my way to work (sort of...) and not on one of my own munzees, so that was my target.  It was inside a geocache, so I figured it would still be there even though nobody has capped it since January.  In fact, this was the second munzee I ever capped, so I knew exactly where this one was. I drove over to the cache site and found the geocache in the same place.  I even found my signature on the log from last December.  What I didn't find was the munzee!!!  Somebody muggled the munzee!!!!! Sooooo frustrating!

An eyeball sighting at the Whaley House
     I got to work and regrouped.  There were a couple eyeballs downtown, so I planned my day to leave a little early and head to Old Town to see if I could get that one.  Again, I had already capped the munzee, so it would be a quick find and folks had capped it recently, so it seemed like a good prospect.  The best thing about this munzee was that it was located at the Whaley House in Old Town.  For those of you who don't appreciate the irony in this, the Whaley House is  the most actively haunted house in all of San Diego, and was named by Life magazine and the Travel Channel's 'America's Most Haunted' as the most haunted house in America!  Even Regis Philbin had an experience here.  How could I pass up the opportunity to get a Halloween munzee at the best haunted house in the US!  So, I fought the brutal traffic on I-5 and made my way to Old Town, scanned the munzee, and got my Eyeball Munzee as the sun was setting the day before Halloween!  Sooooo cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment